Contributing writer: Carmen Thorpe––
Do you know what it takes to be a good property/community manager?
With the information gathered on CAI‘s site, we at SFMC Inc. do. CAI defines a community association manager as “ someone who will have the knowledge, ethics, professionalism and skills with verifiable experience in financial, administrative, and facilities management in at least one community association, either commercial or residential.”
In addition to the information above, we’ve compiled a list of attributes that will make you stand out.
Here are our top 5 essential qualifications to be an excellent Property/Community Manager:
- Being an effective communicator with the ability to actively manage change
- Good Ethics and professionalism
- Skilled in financial management –verifiable experience– with excellent computer skills
- Great at establishing effective priorities among competitive markets
- Strong ability to coordinate operations and details, anticipating resident’s needs, and dealing with the unexpected
You can visit: CAI in order to find out more on what you can do to better equip yourself with the skills and certifications needed to become a well rounded and excellent property/community manager. You can also check out this article in The Cooperator on this topic.
With all this knowledge, nothing can stand in your way of success!