Eileen’s Bakery and Cafe, Fredericksburg, Va. Santa Breakfast, Dec. 15
Reston Town Center ongoing Holiday celebrations
Dumfries, Va. Victorian Parade, Sat. Dec. 14.
Fair Oaks Mall, Va., Ice Palace
Ticonderoga Farms, Chantilly, Va.
Santarchy, Washington, DC, Dec. 14
If your kiddies have a wish list to drop off to Santa, check out these top spots in the Washington, DC Metro Area. St. Nick will be parading, sleighing and ho-ho-ing until the big day! Check them out:
- Eileens Bakery and Cafe, Fredericksburg, Va. hosts a Santa Breakfast on Sun., Dec. 15. Reservations required.
- Reston Town Center is decorated to the hilt and offers continuous holiday happenings.
- Dumfries, Va. Victorian Holiday Parade on Sat., Dec. 14.
- Fair Oaks Mall, Va. houses Santa in a blue festive Ice Palace.
- Ticonderago Farms, Chantilly, Va. offers weekend fun for the family with Santa time.
- Santarchy, Washington, DC unleashes Santa-wannabes to visit all over the city on Sat. Dec. 14.
Do you have a Santa spot to share?
Ashton Family Restaurant, Manassas, Va.
Okra’s, Manassas, Va.
Arties’s, Fairfax, Va.
Sequoia, Washington, DC
Sequoia, Washington, DC
Shop til you eat! Marathon holiday shopping on a Sunday morning can lead to a well-deserved brunch bonanza. Scrambling to find a place that serves a yummy dippy egg with a side of toast, a fresh carved piece of ham, shrimp and a decent bloody mary can be a challenge.
What makes a great brunch?
- Fresh seasonal fruit, especially strawberries — with a cool chocolate dipping fountain.
- Made to order eggs and omelets — and a waitress that brings them to your table. I haven’t found a place that performs this duty, but what a great idea! I hate to wait in line with my plate.
- A bloody mary made with hot sauce, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, veggies and a lemon speared on top with Old Bay seasoning on the rim is the best. Cajun restaurants like Okra’s, in Manassas, Va., advertise a brunch and can’t be beat for their Proud Mary.
- Carving station with turkey, beef, or ham. Especially the end pieces. Sequoia, a DC waterfront restaurant, offers views and meat slicing for your liking.
- A place with atmosphere is preferred. Artie’s in Fairfax, Va is a comfortable place with nautical themes and a warm environment.
- Great staff. A place where everyone will know your name is a diner. Diners usually serve breakfast all day, however, some offer a brunch spread too. Ashton Family Restaurant, Manassas, Va. is a friendly diner with an intimate brunch and homey decor.
A brunch is a nice treat for catching up with family and friends during the Sunday holiday shopping rush.
What is your favorite brunch spot and why?